Sunday, January 26, 2014

This is gonna sound horrible but....

Today I am grateful that my oldest girlie has come down with the chicken pox. I sound like such a mean mom. You see when she was a baby the chicken pox vaccine had just come out and it was too new for me to consider injecting my baby with. As the years went by, I followed suit with the rest of the kids. As my big girl got older, I began to wonder if I had made the right choice. With so many kids being vaccinated against it and with her being homeschooled, I worried that she wouldn't have a chance to be exposed to it while she was still a child.  Then we heard of one of her friends that had it. There was our chance!  We made plans to have dinner together so that all the kids would be exposed. Big girl of course was dead set against it.  That dinner happened tonight but instead of them being exposed, Big girl and her friend could commiserate together because randomly 2 or 3 weeks ago, they both came into contact with the same person in two totally different environments.  What are the odds.  While I am sad to see my big girl so miserable and itchy, I am grateful that we have to do this now and I no longer have to worry about her getting them when she is an adult or worse when she pregnant with her own baby. 

Now we pamper her for a while and then we wait for the rest of the kids to get them. 

Big girl and her friend with their pox day cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)