Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

Well it's a new year. Time for those resolutions that never make it past the first week. Time to reflect on the things of the past year.  There are a lot of things that I hope for in the new year.  I hope for health for my family and myself. I hope for happiness. I hope that I can learn from past mistakes and so better next time. I hope to spend more time building my children up to be outstanding people. I hope to spend more time one on one with them. I hope to spend more time soaking in the presence of my Father in heaven.  

 I saw something on Facebook today that I thought I would like to try. It is to find something each day that I am grateful for. You can see the video here www.365grateful.com 

Now I am horrible for remembering things so I am just going to take things one day at a time. I think taking time to reflect on my day to find at least one thing that I am grateful for will not only change my life but the lives of my family an the people around me.  The winter time is such a hard time for me emotionally. The lack of daily sunlight really causes me to be down. I think making a conscious decision to be grateful will push away those feelings. So one day at a time, one week at a time...  Sometimes it might just be a picture. Sometimes only a word but I will try to write somwthing each day whether it be on this blog or my journal. 

Today. Day 1. I am grateful for Lego the one toy that makes my kids play so well together that I can have some quiet alone time to spend time reading God's word and reflecting on His promises. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)