Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday night

I'm sitting lingering at our supper table. Blogging on my phone. The boys and Jeff have wandered off to the boys room to clean up the Lego. The girls are still here with me enjoying the last remains of their supper.

What's for supper you ask? Nachos! A classic Friday night meal. We will round it off later with some popcorn. Yes I know, not so healthy but fun for the kids and we all need some fun once and a while.

I just wanted to talk about the feeling I got while we sat around the table. As the kids get older we will have fewer moments like this. As it is, on Tuesdays and Thursdays both older kids are running off to various activities and I as the usual chauffeur am running as well. Supper time is hurried and split up.

So to have a meal time together is like a treasure possession. I cherish it. I looked around the table as we talked about our day and laughed as we tricked "T" into getting his picture taken by pretending to look at something else with my phone. I listened to the noises of the two littlest ones who make the cutest noises as they eat things that they enjoy.

Then it hit me. This is my life! I can't hardly believe how wonderful it is. How did I get so lucky to have such a kind caring and oh so funny husband. Two smart, handsome, funny boys who take after their daddy. Two beautiful, creative, clever daughters who love each other so much. These people. These are my people!

This is everything I dreamed of from the time I was very young.

I have to tell you that it wasn't luck. I believe that I am the daughter of The King of Glory. That makes me a princess. Why shouldn't I deserve good things. Why wouldn't my Father in heaven want to give me good things. It's hard to always believe that sometimes. But I know that it's true. It says so in His word.

Matthew 7:11 (NLT) says "So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him."

It's right there in the bible. I once had someone tell me. There is no sense in doubting God. It's all right there in the bible. Just read it. Just do it.

I began this blog post telling about how wonderful my life is and how much I love my family but I think what I really want to tell you is how much God loves us and wants us to seek him. He is like a daddy who is just longing to spend time with us. I am pretty sure that he is feeling the same way looking down on me as I do when I look down on my children. And there are times when my children disappoint. When they don't make the right choices. I can be disappointed in their choices but that does not mean that I don't still love them with everything that I have. After all they are human just like me. We all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. The great thing this is that God knows that. We can beat ourselves up for the choices we make but Jesus keeps on loving us. Me? I will just keep trying to make the best choices possible and ask forgiveness for the wrong. Anyway. I'm off to spend the evening with my wonderful family.

Here's some fun pictures we took at the table tonight.  Sorry about the quality.. they were taken with my phone.




"T" hates getting his picture taken.. We tricked him by pretending to look at the picture on the phone already


My sweet boy


The little princess


My big girl stuffing her face!


And Jeff, looking up non acidic foods on his ipod while eating some pretty acidic foods!  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)