Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It is easy to lose sight....

I've had a hard day today... Sweet Pea woke up screaming at 7:30 this morning and she stayed in a mood almost all day. Fighting every single thing we wanted her to do. Worse of all is wearing her glasses. Not something mommy is willing to back down on.

By lunchtime, I was ready to pull my hair out, scream and pack my bags. I took a shower instead and had a long talk with God. Still I didn't feel any peace about the situation at all. It is times like this when it is so easy to feel as though God has forgotten me.

The only reprieve I had was our annual Boxing Day potluck with my extended family. There she was too busy playing with her cousins so she barely had time to fight me..... barely....

Surprisingly, bedtime went rather smoothly. I was able to use some of my old tricks to convince her to brush her teeth and use the bathroom without too much fuss. I even got her into her bed without hearing the word "NO"

Lately, instead of the usual kiddie songs that we sing at bedtime, she has been asking me to sing worship songs. It was there that I realized that I wasn't forgotten. I was loved. As I held my little girl listening to her sing love songs to Jesus, Jesus touched me. I realized how thankful I was to have such a wonderful family and such a spitfire of a girl who will surely grow to be an amazing leader someday. The things that I have and the people in my life..... I haven't been forgotten. I've just lost sight....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)