Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Juliette's chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!

Today I made my friend Juliette's almost famous chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. This recipe has been circulating through a small group of friends. I never actually made this recipe but when someone posted again on Facebook I thought I had better try it. Today was a perfect day. One kid not feeling well. Dreary day. So we baked some cookies and sat down to make some Christmas wish lists from the sears catalogs.

Unfortunately I forgot that this recipe does not fit in my kitchen aid. Therefore I dirtied more bowls than I wanted. Oh well. The cookies more than make up for the effort!

Here is the recipe for these wonderful cookies

Juliette’s Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Cream together:
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

In a separate bowl sift together:
4 cups flour
5 cups oatmeal (blended in a food processor or blender, I use a food processor)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda

Sift together dry ingredients, then mix with creamed mixture.

Add:
24 ounces of chocolate chips
3 cups chopped nuts (if desired, or raisins.)

Bake at 375 for approximately 12 min until golden brown



Kiddo's working on their christmas wish lists and enjoying cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spam I have to moderate my comments. Please leave a comment anyway and I will probably approve you as soon as I see it.. unless you are spamming me ;)